CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

3/18/08 A Day That Will Live In Infamy

Today we had a special visitor in our department meeting, Mike (the tenured professor who is on leave of absence for 2 years with a possible one year extension whose position I'm filling as a visiting professor for 2 years with a possible one year extension). He announced that he's resigning his position as of June 1, 2008 which means there will be an open tenure-track position. The department will do a formal national search in the fall. Suddenly my timeline is drastically altered. My visiting professor gig is up earlier than I had planned. I wanted to be a Scarlet O'Hara about it ("I'll think about that . . . tomorrow") but now I have to decide . . . do I want to stay in Maine or move on?

0 comments: